Yesterday Shawn and I had my 28.5 week doctors appointment. When we got our first ultrasound at 17.5 weeks my placenta was still low and they said they would check it again at 28 weeks. They told us that worse case scenario, if my placenta did not move like it was supposed to that I'd have to have a scheduled c-section, but both the baby and I would be fine. We were both relieved to know that this was worse case scenario but we would obviously rather my placenta move like is supposed to and not have to have a c-section. So for the past 11 weeks we've been saying lots of prayers. Well, yesterday we had our ultrasound to check on it and GOOD NEWS people: my placenta moved and is right where it's supposed to be! Shawn and I are both very relieved and excited!
I also had to get tested for gestational diabetes yesterday. Everyone had warned me about how gross the stuff I was going to have to drink would be so I was really nervous. I ended up getting the fruit punch flavor and it wasn't that bad at all-thank God!
Our baby is growing and doing great! Shawn and I keep going back and forth on what we think the sex is. Currently I'm on the girl train and he's thinking boy. We will know soon enough! On the ultrasound they could see that the baby already has some hair! Super exciting!
Here's a picture of our little pumpkin from yesterday :).

No comments:
Post a Comment